Above is a photo of Jaci with the "bluebird wings" Auntie Ruth Ann made.
Jaci wanted a bluebird theme for her birthday.
As of today, Jaci is a silly 5 year old.
It's only 10:30 am and she's made me laugh several times.
Here are a few of the reasons...(it's all the dramatics so if you can't see her doing these things, just know it was more humorous in person).
Funny #1:
After the girls were up for the day, I went into their room and sang Happy Birthday to Jaci. Jaci looked at herself in the full length closet door mirrors. As she closely observed, she said with a little doubt,
"I'm not 5 yet, I'm still 4."
"Why do you say that?" I wondered.
"Because I still look the same."
"What did you think you would look like at 5?" I prodded.
"Like this," she showed me, standing on the tips of her toes. "See?"
"Well, I think you look five" I tried to encourage her (while crying a bit inside because my 1st baby is the big "5" already).
Funny#2:
I had hung a "Happy Birthday" sign over the front door facing inside the house. I went out to the mailbox and hurried in to shut out the cold. Well, Jaci noticed the sign was then caught up in the closed door and so I fixed it. She said,
"Mommy, thanks. You saved the day!" Still makes me smile. Not sure where she heard that line, but she seemed so gracious in saying it.
Above, Lainey tries on the bluebird wings
For some reason, this morning, Lainey became sympathetic to the fact that Emilyn sleeps in her crib without a blanket to cover her. We dress her up plenty warm, but no matter... Lainey decided she needed to give the blanket off her own bed to Emilyn for use. Here is Emilyn with the blanket we "tried on" her before we taking her out of bed.
5 comments:
Sweet sissies! I LOVE the blue bird wings Auntie Ruth Ann made...I heard Jaci say that phrase over a year ago when we almost took the wrong sidewalk to the park...when she corrected me, and we were on our way, she cried out, "Mimi, did I save the day?" I wondered then where she heard it, but I let her know that she sure DID..."save the day!"
Glad you had a happy birthday Jaci - glad mom was there to "save the day"!
Shutting out the cold? It always looks like it's 80 degrees there with the girls in their sundresses!!
Betty says...
LOVE the blue bird wings...hats off to Auntie Ruth Ann...I think SHE saved the day with those! Happy late birthday to you, Jaci!
Cherilyn, love all the memories you are making with your girls. See ya'll SOON!!!
Happy Birthday Jaci! Cher, you are great at making so many special moments for your girls to cherish!
Those wings are amazing. I love how all the girls get in on the action too. Way to go mama! And how's the school going? I know you have a separate blog for that - but a little update on this one would be fun.
Post a Comment