I think this next baby is going to be a....
Boy 69.7% 23
Girl 30.3% 10
total votes: 33
powered by blogpoll
Well, contrary to popular opinion......we are having a GIRL!!!
We couldn't be more thrilled...

If you look very closely at the ultrasound photo above, you'll see the little ribbon growing on her head that told us "girl". Ha. ha. Ok, I owe my great humor to my dad...
That was just a special touch added by the girl that did my ultrasound.
So I guess I won't be needing to change the background on this blogsite after all. And we can keep our school name: Shining Star International Girls Academy.
At the ultrasound all 3 girls were excited, but Jaci was the most verbal. With a dreamy look she whispered, "Mommy, I want to name my baby sister right now." This is all while the ultrasound was continuing (baby was being measured and all parts looked over). I said, "Ok Jaci, if you could name her, what would it be?"
"Belle" she said very confidently.
The girls each were given an ultrasound photo by the tech and she typed out on the photo "Hi big sister". They were so proud.
Jaci later said, "I wanted to choose a boy. When I grow up I want to have lots of boys." I told her that I'm happy we're having a girl and that if she ever has kids and none of them are boys, she can always adopt some. I also reminded her that we have lots of boy cousins to enjoy.
In the car on the way home she asked why I don't want boys. I let her know that it's not that I don't want boys, but that we don't get to choose, God chooses for us... and that we are so happy He's blessed us with girls--that we love and enjoy each of ours so very much. I explained that God chose another girl for our family and she's a gift we should all give thanks for.
She admitted she is thankful.
Later when we got home she asked if we could name the baby Julia (a friend's baby girl has this name). I told her we'd take all of her ideas into consideration. She then wanted to write a name list and started with the name Hannah. She wanted to know how to spell it and then exclaimed, "Mommy! Hannah is just the right name!"
Tonight before bed she told us how thankful she is that she is going to have a baby sister. Lainey decided, "Me too!" She made sure that Jaci understood that she was going to be a big sister, too.
Before we all said goodnight, Jaci was very adament that we need to have a name for this baby NOW. So Jaci said it should be Hannah. And Lainey said, "No, it's Sarah, remember?" "No, it's Hannah". "No Jaci, it's Sarah..." Daddy (Steve) has been calling baby Curly Jo---but now that it's a girl, Curly Josephine. So I said,
"Ok, how about while baby is still in my tummy, Jaci calls her Hannah, Lainey calls her Sarah, Daddy calls her Curly Josephine and then after birth we'll have a REAL name for her and we'll all call her by the same name??!
So we'll see how that pans out.
I'm finishing this post today (Sunday) and wanted to add that Jaci excitedly told everyone she ran into at church that she is going to have a baby sister.So it seems she has truly, happily accepted the fact that this indeed is a girl.
8 comments:
Congratulations! Your family is so blessed!!! I love the names they are coming up with, too :-)
Congratulations!!!
Well, the Ultrsound photo of YOUR little girl sure looks better than the Baby Center "your pregnancy" picture...THAT looks like a little troll doll! I know that whatever name is decided on, the girls will think is "just the perfect name" when they meet her! Have to go now...I have some shopping to do, I am sure some of those little girl clothes are about worn out by now!
Betty says.........
How exciting! Now Jordyn will have someone her age to play with, too when you visit Orlando!!! What a blessing.....your Mom & I will be shopping together, once again!
Love you ALL!!
I like Hannah too and I promise not to take it back - heehee!
I vote for Bertha. I have always loved that name. We could call her "bur" for short. Oh, that is just the perfect name sissy!
--Your bro, Erik
Congrats!
Oh Erik! You stole the show with Bertha....I love the names the girls are thinking of too! I am excited to see how the rest of your pregnancy goes for you, Steve and the girls. We love you,
Post a Comment