Friday, September 15, 2006

Emilyn's 5 months old!!

A note from Emilyn:
My sissies always get the limelight. Finally, it's my turn. "Yea, baby!" as my big sissy Jaci likes to say.

I tell ya...I finally figured out how to get people's attention. I babble or I cry, like this.

Lately, I've been trying some new tricks for the family--hoping they'll notice me. I can roll from my back to my tummy. But sometimes I cry when I get to my tummy. I'm not sure what I think of that position, and I usually need help to roll back onto my back again. Here I am in my crib at naptime today. It's the first time I've done this inside my crib. Usually I just practice on my blanket on the floor.
Yesterday I turned 5 months. So I decided to give mommy a break last night. I didn't wake her up at all in the night--I let her just come and get me for breakfast this morning. I think that made her real happy. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do that again for her tonight. I kind of like an early morning visit and snack.

Even though my sissies get all the attention, they are good at entertaining me and I know they love me. Here they are sharing their dolls and stuffed animals with me. My mommy thinks I look like one of their baby dolls, too...can you pick out which one is me? I'm the one holding the hand of the dolly in the purple outfit.

I still love to suck my thumbs. I like to suck my sissies' thumbs too. Jaci thinks it's too "ooey-gooey" but Lainey likes me to suck her thumb more than Mommy wishes she would.
I like to put other things in my mouth now, too. Do you like my fun teething ring?

One final comment from me: Everyone is saying that I'm starting to look like my big sister, Lainey. What do you think? That's Lainey when she was 5 months old in the first lefthand photo at the top of this blog entry. Daddy's holding her.
Well, that's all for now. Thanks for taking some time to hear about little ole ME!
Love you all, Emilyn

2 comments:

Mimi said...

When I saw that first picture, I couldn't believe it was Emi....I THOUGHT "THAT'S LAINEY!"....I am glad I can recognize my grand daughters! Anyway, they "resemble" one another, but I thing they both have distinct differences....Emi's face just shines like porcelin at times! They BOTH have huge blue eyes, though...are Emi's lashes as dark as Lainey's? Jaci, I'm with you, someone sucking on my thumb sounds pretty ooey gooey to me, too! Hope Emi sleeps in a bit more often for Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Well, I couldn't tell that was Lainey, but am glad her Mimi could! Cherilyn & Steve, your girls are all three so beautiful! I know that you enjoy them tremendously and appreciate you sharing stories with us. This "blog thing" is the way to go!

Hope that Emi has decided to sleep all night now ....has she?

Also, I'm with Jaci & Mimi....someone sucking on my thumb sounds pretty ooey gooey to me, too!

Betty