Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A breakfast conversation...and other happenings


This morning at the breakfast table, Lainey coughed on her food she swallowed wrong. Jaci patted Lainey on the back to help her get it up. Lainey then said, "You're a good sister, Jaci." It happened a 2nd time and Lainey responded, "Thank you, sister!" Here Jaci helps Lainey wash her hands later in the day...
We are headed out tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with Steve's family. I asked Jaci what she's most looking forward to at Maka's house (that's her grandma). I expected she'd say "my birthday cake" or something similar. She's looking forward to celebrating her 4th birthday while there...instead she answered, "Juice." So then I asked her what she looks most forward to at Auntie Ruth Ann's. She surprised me again, "Grandma"--Grandma GG is 99 years old and lives in the same house as Auntie. So, GG, if you're reading this, Jaci can't wait to see you! Nor can the rest of us. Here they are, in their snow boots with their sleeping bags, ready for grandma's!

Other recent highlights...Jaci and Lainey decided to play the piano together and made the magazines their sheet music. Never have heard a rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star like that before...but couldn't have enjoyed it more.

Walking in Mama's shoes...

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love ALL the pictures....they have all changed so much since my Aug. visit. Emilyn DOES have dimples, doesn't she? And Jaci and Lainey have such pretty smiles! Wish I didn't have to wait until Christmas to kiss those cheeks!