Friday, March 16, 2007

Emilyn finally did it!



Emilyn, our sweet baby 11 month old Emilyn is getting bigger and bigger! Thankfully she has not decided to be an early walker as of yet. She's more than happy to get around sliding and pulling herself while pushing off her right big toe. She has taken to pulling herself to her knees to get into things such as her toy basket and drawers she shouldn't. We expect her to pull to her feet anytime, but are not trying to rush the situation.

3/23/07 Well, the above would have been accurate yesterday (though I wrote it several days ago). But today, after a messy diaper change and with freedom from clothes, she pulled herself up to standing position at her sister's toddler bed! Oh, no...here we go! Watch out for a "she's cruisin'" post soon!

Above, after getting some clothes on her, she stands herself up again. See her proud expression for reaching her goal.

ABOVE: Emilyn helps daddy do taxes....

One of Emilyn's favorite toys is the mini-magna doodle. She likes to scribble with the pen and "teethe" on it, too.
Speaking of teething, Emilyn is still completely toothless with not one tooth seen trying to poke its way through her gums. This if fine for a still-nursing Mommy. But it is frustrating for a baby who wants to eat everything we have on the table and she can only chomp so much! However, it is quite amazing what one can "mush up" with just a gum line.


Emilyn is more eager to try and be involved in whatever play her sisters are in. Here she climbs over one of the pillows her sissies are stacking...and then you can see Jaci involving her in play--purposely setting Emilyn in front of her and falling back with her for a snuggle.



She cries for dear life whenever one of us goes into the bathroom and shuts the door. It's a cute and sad habit all at once. Maybe she'll potty-train earliest of all when she finally "gets" what she can't have now--free entry to the bathroom. In this photo, she tries to get Lainey's attention through the bathroom door...



On the morning I put this all-blue outfit on Emilyn, Jaci teased her, "Emilyn, you look like a yummy blueberry. I'm going to eat you up!"
Bathtime, splash time is a favorite way to end the day. Maybe because she often gets it one-on-one with her daddy. She loves it, her sisters enjoy helping bathe her (if we let them) and we all love a squeaky clean baby. Nothing sweeter to hold. (sorry, no appropriate photos to blog from bathtime for now). Here she is with her daddy, though...

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What a sweetie! I love my little gummy baby! 3 more weeks and I can get my hands on her! By then she could be running around!

Meghann Roberts said...

I just love checking on your blog! I saw you updated it the other day and it so helped me to get motivated to take the time to update mine =). Reagan loves looking at the pictures of your girls! I love seeing what stage Emilyn is in since she and Sydney are so close in age and I'm also so encouraged when I see you have girls who are potty trained...it reminds me it is possible and one day mine will be, too! (Both of mine maybe trained at the same time at the rate we are going!) Hope you have a great night! I'll be checking back soon!