Friday, March 16, 2007

Lainey--March 2007


I give thanks to the Lord Jesus that my Lainey is potty-trained! Woo-hoo!! Two down, one to go!
Lainey has what seems to be a weekly accident--but she is in underwear and we couldn't be prouder. Of course it helps to have a big sister cheering her on... Jaci has been good to be over-zealous about every little number 1 and number 2 that goes into the potty. Anything to get Lainey to perform, right?! She has 2 full sticker charts. Thankfully this little one didn't drag on for a year and a half like her big sister in training! Saved a lot of tension for all of us.

The pose above was Lainey's idea. So was her latest could-be dangerous adventure in the hallway bathroom downstairs. Can you guess? Lainey decided it would be a joy to shove water and soap into the electrical outlet by the sink!
I know, you're wondering why there aren't child covers on them. Well, they are high up, not near the floor. Of course though, they are in reach distance on a stool at the sink...BUT since Jaci never seemed to notice them... Well, we're learning now to "expect anything" from Lainey and to use all safety measures possible. Especially if Jaci never did it.

(above, Lainey asks for a morning tea now and then--I think peach is her favorite so far).
Lainey is also becoming my little prayer warrior. On more than one occasion when I have hit a toe or knee as we go through our day--Lainey notices me wince in pain. One of her favorite remedies for the situation is to say, "It's ok Mommy. We'll pray for you."

Lainey is enjoying her big sister status as well. Here she is pretending to read to her baby sister--just like Jaci "reads" to her. Lainey was also found one morning trying to put socks on Emilyn, proudly saying, "I'm a big sister!"
.
In the last 30 days we've had snow storms and sunshine so bright and warm, we could wear short-sleeves and go to the park! I just had to show a photo of the classic overdressed, can-hardly-move look so common here in the Midwest when it snows. Every child in a snowy climate needs a picture like this in his memory photo albums. Can you see those rosy cheeks? I'm cold just looking at them...(you can double-click on the photo to see it bigger)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

And Lainey's eyes "light up" like she knows you were talking about her! The other sissy's are just tolerating her "spotlight" I guess! Now, when Emilyn can walk, Lainey can begin potty training her,right? You GO GIRL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Betty says....
I thoroughly enjoyed your updates! It is hard to believe your girls are getting so big!

Isn't it GREAT to have one so little be a prayer warrior?

They are being trained well! Cherilyn, you and Steve are doing a wonderful job training your girls.

The snow picture makes me shiver! And you wonder how they can do ANYTHING all bundled up like that.

Love to you all!
Betty

Chris Sapp said...

Yeah Lainey! We are still working on both kids - ugh! Emilyn's hair is really growing! Jaci is suchh a god big sister encouraging Lainey through her potty training!

This summer, we'll have to get together again!