
I left 2 year old Lainey to finish her potty-business while I took my overtired 1 year old upstairs to put her down for a nap. Next thing I hear my 4 year old saying to her sister, "NO! Lainey!" (with as much authority and concern for the consequence as she could muster). As I'm picturing Lainey attempting something that Jaci knows isn't right and Lainey could get harmed from, Jaci pleads, "Lainey?? Are you alright Lainey?". At which time I realize she has completed whatever she'd hoped to attempt. In the midst of all this I hear a mischievous giggle from Lainey. So, in my mind I concluded Lainey was probably safe.
In spite of my quick assumption, I quickly put Emilyn down in her crib, hurried downstairs and found the above scenario...yes, that's an upside down, needs-a-good-clean-underbelly* (see note at bottom) potty seat stuck around her neck.
Of course when I came upon this I was relieved it was the worst of the situation at hand and also had a hard time stifling my own laughter. So I quickly did the drama thing and bowed my head and acted a bit tearful. Jaci meanwhile was looking on in concern as to what was going to happen next...fully knowing Lainey is probably in trouble and also wondering how I'm going to help get her out of the toilet ring (for you more curious ones--it was a tight squeeze). Through my fake tears masking my deep desire to churckle freely, I took this photo. AND To top off the "America's Funniest Home Videos" scenario, Jaci tried to encourage, "Don't cry, Mommy...you can just cut it off!"

So what do you do when more than one child needs you at once? Pray for grace for the moment, safety for each child, and lots of humor! Hopefully you'll find yourself trying hard to stifle your own giggle when you know you must be firm with a wayward little one and just place another "creative" incident in your memory bank(or blog!).
*I just had to add that I regularly clean my child's potty seat, however, I didn't realize that this part detached from the base ('til now) and it was obviously filthy inside--yuck!!!
4 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so glad that you thought to get the camera for this one! Thanks for your reminder that humor is such a good thing to have with little ones!! Her face is priceless!
Betty Says........
Oh my, that DOES bring back memories! Am glad that you can find the humor in these times AND that you thought quickly enough to get the camera! Love the hair shots, too.
Love,
Betty
NICE! - that's all I can say.
So funny.... I can see my Mateo doing this!
Post a Comment