Hi our lovely family and friends. Thanks for checking in.
As the new school year gets off to a start, our family is looking for a name for "our school."
Let me explain...in Illinois, USA, homeschools are legally treated as private schools. So many (most?) name their school. That way when they fill out applications for teacher discounts at office supply stores, etc. they have a school name to put down. It also is great for a variety of other reasons. Like when you don't feel like explaining all about homeschooling and getting the same questions over and over...we (or the girls) can say, "Yea, I go to ___________". Then if the questions come, so be it...[this tip has come from veteran homeschooling families].
AND it's good for tax purposes too.
In addition, it's just a fun thing to do. So, would you jump on the bandwagon and give us your suggestions for naming our school?
We have an application due next week and we'd like a temporary name by then. I have ONE in mind, but we're interested in what you might have up your sleeve and we'll see if it's a better fit.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So far, I've received these ideas:
From a long time friend from high school...
"Time 2 Cher Learning Place"
From my stepdad...
"ABC School" or
"[family name] Learning Center"
OK.. I have been brainstorming..it is a long list!
JC Academy (Sounds like Jaci,but stands for Jesus CHrist)
Morning Star Academy
Cher's Faith Academy
Grace 2 U Academy
Mercy 4 Us Academy
Alpha Omega Academy
Good Shepherd School
Cornerstone School
Solid Rock Academy
Cher's Hope Academy
Mustard Seed School
Rainbow's Promise Academy
(I DO like "Time 2 Cher Learning Place")
Betty says....Well, I'm not very creative, but will try to think os something....although it looks like your Mom has come up with a pretty exhaustive list!
More in from family and friends:
Kids of the Kingdom school
Angels School of Higher Learning
Tri-Star Girls Academy
Shining Stars Girls Academy
Lighthouse International Academy for Girls
What's your pick?
My SIL says we should call it "[family name]'s boarding school" Ha. ha.
Time 2 Cher Learning Place or a variation of that is really cute. How about The Growing Place - a place where kids grow spiritually, mentally, and physically.
I don't have creative input - BUT, what's the verdict! I can't wait to hear :) I vote for Lisa's - I would only add "School" - The Growing Place School
Post a Comment