
Apparently, this is my 100th post to this blog! And Apples are what it's all about. Well, here in the Midwest the pumpkin patches are plentiful and the apples are ready for pickin'. So...a few weeks ago we ventured over to an apple orchard with several other homeschool families in the area for a field trip. Steve was off work and able to enjoy the day with us.
Jaci found some chickens parading about and got as close as they'd let her...

Everyone gets a turn to pick...
Don't these apples look scrumptious? We didn't get to pick these red ones, but the "Golden Blush" variety we did pick and take home tasted extra sweet with a bit of tartness. Yum. Yum.
We also got to see where they press apples into cider. That was interesting for all...
We safely visited some bees that were making honey...
We were able to see how they sort and pack apples as well.
The field trip was rounded off with apple slushies, apple doughnuts and playtime on the playground with the other children.
We'll definitely try and make this trip an annual tradition.
3 comments:
Looks like SO much fun! We are going to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch for Natalia's birthday this Saturday. She has been talking about it for forever. We had such a great time last year. We are going to try a different one this year since there are so many to choosefrom. I just got N the same sweater Lainey is wearing in picture 1. Too cute!
I DO miss the fall....I never heard of an Apple Slushie...now cider and donuts, I know about...wish I could have joined in on the fun...
Ahhh...we went apple picking for our first time last fall and Reagan still talks about it regularly! How FUN! Cute pictures! Enjoy your real fall weather!! =)
Post a Comment