
The four sissies hanging out at the Magic Kingdom.We spent the holidays with my mom at her home in Florida.A very kind and generous friend of hers from church, works at Disney World. Between her friend and an old ticket my mom had, we all got in for *free*. We started out at the Magic Kingdom and finished our day at EPCOT center.
For my own record, at the Magic Kingdom, we started out watching a bit of a show out front Cinderella's castle. It had all of the Disney princesses dancing and Mickey Mouse, too. Emilyn 'lit up' when she saw Mickey. Here is Emilyn, pointing in 2year old awe. The moment is still etched in my mind still.

We then rode it's a Small World. It was crazy getting to take the kids there. I can remember going to elementary school in Michigan and our music teacher showing us slides of her time at the Magic Kingdom, It's a Small World in particular. I was probably 6 or 7 years old. We then moved to Florida before I turned 8 and Disney was like another home until I grew up and left the house! This is a photo of a mesmorized Lainey in It's a Small World:


At the Magic Kingdom the girls also got to ride Dumbo and the Merry-go-round. Here is Jaci standing by a small section of the beautiful mosaic of Cinderella's story in the hallway of Cinderella's castle... 
We also enjoyed my favorite Disney World ice cream--soft serve vanilla swirled with frozen orange ice cream.
My dad always loved that too. So it was something special to get to share with the kids.
We ventured up the Swiss Family Robinson tree 

and visited the Country Bear Jamboree before heading to EPCOT.



Over at EPCOT we went on Nemo's ride and then we ventured over to World Showcase. It was amazing to get to take the girls to some of my favorite EPCOT countries. We started at France where I have always adored the music and cinematography. I was so glad it was still the same as it had been for years. It was additionally heart-warming as this was the first time I've seen the movie again since actually getting to visit Paris a few times while living abroad. It brought it to life in a bigger way. See the Eiffel Tower in the background here?

We ate dinner at Japan. That was amazing. I can hardly believe I lived in that beautiful country for 3.5 years. It was great to take our kids for some real Japanese curry and other delicacies. Here is Jaci enjoing our oudoor dinner at Japan...

Later Mom and I and Jaci and Lainey went into the American pavillion. The amazing movie/show has been updated, but it still had most of what it always had. It once again moved me to tears to see the sacrifice of our forefathers to fight the good fight of faith and freedom that has helped get us what we have today. The girls enjoyed it and it helped reitireate some things we'd been studying in homeschool.
At World Showcase, Jaci kept asking where Kazakhstan was. =) She did insist we go to China (the closet country to where she was born). Here they are in front of 'China'...

The weather was beautiful, we spent the day as a family and it was *free*!! What more could one ask for, for a first Disney day?!
2 comments:
Hi Cher..
Was delighted to see that you had updated and to read that you had such a lovely trip to Disney...Made me determined to finally post on my blog (well, I will shortly!!)about our trip there last October.. Cannot believe I still have not posted some photos! Like your girls Elena loved Nemo's ride and we all had to go on it more than once.. Epcot's World Showcase was a personal favourite of mine :) Maybe someday before too long we will get to go there with Jaci and Elena getting to meet up.Your girls looked like they had such a great time!
Love Adrienne
Aunt Betty says...glad you found your photos! They really do add to the story....visuals are always good!! I'm so glad that ya'll were able to go to Disney and have such a fun time....even happier that you were able to come for a visit and that I got to see so much of ya'll....
Post a Comment