"Mommy, get the fly, get the fly!!" Jaci and Lainey took turns chanting as they notified me it was whizzing past my head again and going fast all over the house. They wouldn't eat their breakfast or listen to anything else I had to say until I would address the distracter that should have been outside.
As for Mommy, I hadn't even had my morning coffee yet and the last item on my agenda was to chase down a chaotic, disobedient fly not knowing if I could even reach success. (I'm sure it would be a fun show for my children, but really, don't I do enough chasing of them in a day?!). So we (well, I!) changed the conversation around after Jaci asked, "Mommy, how are you going to get that fly?". "I don't know Jaci, how are you going to get it? How about you and Lainey get down and get it..."
"I know!" Jaci enthusiastically exclaimed, "We can open the front door and he'll fly out!" "Well, Jaci, if we open the door, he may fly out, but others may fly in." I responded. "Well then, maybe that fly will be my pet. Maybe he'll be my best pet forever and ever...Maybe we can make a house for him in our house for him to go in. Maybe we can make it out of paper, Mommy. We need to get him out of here."
Ok, 2 hours later, where's that fly? I don't know...maybe I better check Jaci's toy houses at naptime. I don't want her to have to see her little pet's unfortunate demise.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All I can say, is I am glad it wasn't a spider! Nice little imagination Jaci has, isn't it? She may be a writer when she grows up, too!
Post a Comment