Thursday, July 27, 2006

Storms and Life

Well, there have been storms around here in more ways than one! I've been attempting to get on and journal here, but every time I have, a thunderstorm comes. One's on the way now...so if you're reading my blog and it's incomplete, be patient with me. I may have to shut this down and come back to it another hour (or day).
The life storms have been seeing my cousin lose her baby 23 days after birth, a friend lose her husband after fighting to recover from something unknown for 10 weeks and another friend whose mom may live no more than a week. As I mourn and pray for these losses, I also am challenged once again to focus on what's important in life and appreciate my loved ones today.
One way, is to try and stop and play more with my girls. A few weeks ago as I was video-recording their "play picnic" and tea party on a blanket in the living room...I suddenly had a "fast forward" moment. I saw myself watching the videos later in life and wishing I could rewind back to that moment and be "in" it. I realized I'd rather my girls remember Mommy being with them more than just recording them. So I shut off the recorder and sat down on the blanket for tea.
More later. Outdoor storms are too close! Bless you for reading. Photos and kiddo stories later...

1 comment:

Mimi said...

You know, come to think of it, there were several times when you kids were growing up that I decided NOT to run and get the camera, because I would miss what was happening in front of me...now, it DOESN'T matter what I didn't get on film, does it? (Of course I AM glad for all you DO get, because I get to share it, so DON"T stop completely, OK?)