Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bumbo, Mommy's Helper & Imaginative Fun!


New meaning to the word "sacked out". Emilyn got this "Bumbo" seat a week ago and loves sitting up tall in it anywhere in the house--as she still cannot sit up by herself. It's her own little armchair.
In more Emilyn news...Emilyn rolled from front to back last weekend and has since rolly pollied across the floor a few times until she gets too tired and fusses on her belly until we get her up. At bathtime, she has discovered the joys of leg-splashing. She thinks it's hilarious to kick-kick-kick as hard as she can and splash drops of water in her eyes and mommy's too.


Lainey helped put apples away last weekend at home with mommy, while Daddy and Jaci went to a football game. "I did it!" proclamied her inner cheerleader once again.

At the table...Mommy put Cheerios on Lainey's plate for a snack. I also gave her a cup of milk. So she poured some of her milk on the plate in order to properly eat her cereal! I felt I couldn't scold her in the moment as it was actually a very creative idea. Next time I'll probably remember to serve them in a bowl.

Jaci and Lainey missed being separated from one another for the day last weekend. When Jaci got home from the game, they made up for it with lots of playtime. Here they are using the football tickets as "circus" tickets. They told us they were getting ready to go to the circus. That same afternoon they went "blueberry picking". Hats and buckets to boot. Unfortunately, I didn't capture a very clear photo of the event.
One day last week they were all "dressed up" in their clothes and were packing their little rolling suitcases as Jaci informed me, "My sister and I have to pack to go to Springfield. Cuz that's where we live. Cuz me and my sister love each other, so we're going to Springfield."

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love their little imaginative minds!!!