

"I did it!" is the most recent Lainey chant, expressed as she claps her hands for herself with a big smile on her face. We'll often clap with her of course. Jaci even gets a kick out of seeing Lainey so proud of herself. She used to have to ask Jaci to turn on lights for her. But today she turned it on and I knew she did it cuz I'd hear her cheering for herself. Other "I did it!"s include putting her shoes on by herself (even if they land on the wrong feet), opening doors, and today's big "I did it"...drumroll, please...
a POO-POO on the potty!! (yes, more potty talk here).
I have not been working with her, but she was dry after her nap and I asked her if she wanted to go sit on her potty. She has a small plastic one on the floor she can use while Jaci uses the big potty. So there she sat reading her Potty with Elmo book (courtesy of GG Judy) and next thing I know she's all proud of herself and"I did it!"ing.

"I hear something!" Lainey shared with me at the end of naptime yesterday as she cupped her hand--yes-- nearly in saluting position. I then modeled for her the correct way (hand behind the ear) to say "I hear something" but she just re-did what she originally showed me.
1 comment:
She hears Mimi say "YEAHHHH Lainey...way to "go"!" Love to you all...
Post a Comment