Friday, October 13, 2006

Family Dinner Secrets+Eclectic Art

Before dinner tonight, I was asked by Lainey if she could help me make it. I told her thank you, I don't need any help, but you can help me eat it. "Ok." she confidently replied as she walked away. A few seconds later she walked back into the kitchen carrying her little plastic potty seat which she proceeded to push up to the counter so she could get high enough to "help" me eat it--I guess! So though I was only making the meal passed down to me by my dad, their papa--I made a big deal of it. The meal being a can of chicken noodle soup! "Girls" I counseled. "Listen carefully. This is a special recipe that's been passed down to me, that I pass on to you and I hope you will pass down to your children's children." So Jaci stirred 5 times, Lainey stirred 5 times, I stirred 5 times and 3 1/2 microwave minutes later, wah-lah, dinner is served!! (Hey, we had some tender tummies tonight so toast and soup were required).
WHAT'S THAT???
If you guessed a boat with people on it, you would be the million dollar winner. While I finished feeding Emilyn her cereal at lunch, Jaci and Lainey took up over-ripe-banana-peel-meets-leftover-crust art. The above photo is the bulk of Jaci's creative mind and hands. The photo below is a Lainey rendition.
WHAT'S THIS?
If you guessed a cross, you hit the nail on the head again.
What? You don't see a cross? It's all in how you look at it. (So I've heard!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- I think this belongs in the Museum of Modern Art in Paris!

"Great interpretation of an age-old symbol. Lainey Amborski brings new light to the light of the world." Erik Amick, The Marietta Times

Anonymous said...

Love the art and the literature and the help and the first food bites! Especially LOVE all the pictures! Have been gone a couple of weeks so enjoyed catching up on your family today, Cherilyn. Keep up the good work. Hope the girls are all better by now.

Betty