Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Are they twins?"


I get such a kick out of this question we get now and then about Jaci and Lainey. The first time I remember it happening, it was a little blonde-haired girl who passed us as I pushed Jaci and Lainey in a double stroller with matching clothes on. I heard her ask her mother loudly, "Were those twins, mommy?" I just smiled a huge smile and passed it off as a "kid thing".

However, it has happened since that time with adults asking us the question, on more occasions than I can count. The latest occurrence being G.G.'s birthday. This time the girls were in their matching winter coats. One with a hood, one without. As we stomped our snow-covered boots on the lobby carpet, a greeter asked, "Are they twins, or just close in age?" Rather than giving an explanation of their different biological heritages, I just smiled and giggled to myself as I answered honestly, "No, just close in age."


They ARE two peas in a pod and could just as well be twins. But one closer look at my brown-haired brown-eyed beauty next to my blonde-hair, blue-eyed beauty is a dead giveaway (or so I've always thought!).

2 comments:

Mimi said...

How funny! I DID have someone say how much Jaci looks enough like Lainey that she could be a "natural sister"....whick of course WE feel she IS! Give it another couple of years...they may be asking if your 3 girls are TRIPLETS!!! Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

They are twins in heart.