Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Tagged" by my Sister-N-Law... 8 interesting things about me?!

Ok, I'm usually not into things like this, but since my SIL asked me to do it, and I'm all for keeping peace in the family... Ha. Ha. Here I go...

8 interesting things about me...well, I guess that's up for debate based on who's reading. But perhaps some of the info will be new to someone (or interesting).

1. I have never had a cavity. Just writing that probably dooms me. Especially since I usually don't make time to brush but once a day (mom, has your jaw dropped yet?)--but I ALWAYS floss. And I eat or drink sugar of some kind every day. I have done (or not) what I just wrote for more years than I can remember. Even yesterday the dentist said my teeth look great.***I do also use sugar-free mint gum, the occasional mouthwash and Listerine breath spray***
My brother used to hate me for this. When we were little and we would go to the dentist (back when I never flossed and he always did ) they would tell him he needed to floss more, and I received nothing but praise.

2. The 3 children the Lord has blessed us with were each born on different continents: #1 Asia, #2 Europe, #3 North America
(in additional interesting fact is that my brother's family is due to have the same make-up only in the order of #2, #3, #1).

3. I met my American husband in Japan, and his parents met in Japan as well.

4. As a Communications undergraduate major, I did one of my college internships with a TV station in West Palm Beach--a FOX affiliate. I did another internship in radio at WAY-FM. Also West Palm Beach. (Additional free fact: my dad was the weatherman in MI and FL when I was a child, so we were celebrity status around town before I knew that that meant. It was just normal for people to stop him when we were out and say, "Hey, aren't you...?" He also was a DJ in his past amongst other things)

5. I own 2 hearing aids and sometimes I wear them.

6. From ages 8-15 I practically grew up at Walt Disney World in Central FL. In my younger years we had annual passes and would go what seemed like nearly every weekend. Sometimes more than once in a weekend. My brother and I even had our "favorite horses" on the merry-go-round we always hunted out when we rode.
In the later part of those years, I performed with a choir and ensemble at 2 or 3 different Disney World parks. (Believe it or not, we were invited to do this through our church in the Central Florida area).

7. My very first "paying" job where I owed taxes was at age 16 at our local Chick-fil-A. It was a BLAST!! And I'm still in touch with two of my old co-workers/friends.

8. My brother married one of my best friends from high school. I love her and her family and I'm so blessed we get to be friends and family on this side of eternity! So that's why I agreed to play this tagging thing.

I guess I'm supposed to tag a few people now, too...so here I go...Lisa, Michelle, and Meghann(don't worry, the post you tagged me on is coming soon). Not sure how many I was supposed to tag, but you all are "IT"... look forward to learning more about you, too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Even I learned something - I didn't know Steve's parents met in Japan. Thanks for playing and keeping the peace, 'cause you know I would talk to you for a year if you didn't! - haha

Mimi said...

So, do you brush when you wake up with "morning breath", or before you go to bed to get everything out that you have eaten all day? Good thing you are teaching your children other habits, but then: what happened to what I taught you? You must have be born with teeth like your Grandma Laura, 'cause I don't think she ever had a cavity! She always claimed to never having a headache, either..hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Betty says....

Good morning, Cherilyn! That was interesting....enjoyed learning more about you and think it is neat that you keep in touch with "old" friends....am glad that you don't have any cavities...they are not fun!

Have a blessed day and give the girls kisses for me! WHEN are you coming to ORLANDO???? You can have my house!!