Tonight the girls had to have a nightlight in their room that is duller in light than their normal one. We've been out of town and I'm not sure tonight where their "usual" is.
As I tucked 3 year old Lainey into bed and she listened to Jaci complain about the "too dark" light...Lainey said,
"I want a Jack and Jill nightlight."
"A what?" I asked not sure I'd heard her right.
"A Jack and Jill night light" she repeated, smiling as she softly made the request.
"What's a Jack and Jill nightlight?" I asked.
"You know, with Jack and Jill on the top". She described it as if she clearly had the image of it in her mind.
I became quickly curious, "Where did you see a nightlight like that?"
"I don't know, I just want one" she decided.
It seemed a little random to me, but I'm sure it wasn't to her. I haven't even read her that nursery rhyme lately. Perhaps her sister did, or her ballet teacher (who in the past has done so) recited it a few days ago.
Sooooo...can you believe I looked for one and found one on ebay? Now I have to wait and see if they like my price. We don't usually just buy things for our kids "because they want it"... but she did perk my curiosity and wasn't demanding about it. So, we shall see...
For some reason these Bible verses came to my mind tonight, so I will share them here...They come from Matthew chapter 7 of the New Testament...9 "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute! I spoke in chapel this week on these very verses and as I was reading your blog and getting to the end I was thinking about them. Then you quoted them and I just thought that was cool! Would love to see a picture of the Jack and Jill night lite if you end up getting it!
Love and blessings,
Marla
Lainey has a wonderful imagination, too. I am praying that you "win the bid"!
I'm thankful to say I won it, so I will post photos when it arrives. Now the question is, what will Lainey think of it? It may not be the image she had in mind. I'll have to interview her and get back to you all...
Cherilyn
Betty says....
Glad you won the bid...will be interesting to see what Lainey thinks about her "Special" night light.
Post a Comment