Thursday, September 13, 2007

Today's Funnies...

A Jaci Funny: In the past we have let Jaci play some online games at the Sesame Street website. It's been a while since she has had the chance to do that. So tonight when she was trying to convince us to let her go upstairs to play it, she said very dramatically,
"It's been SEVEN years since I played it!"
Steve and I both laughed. Funny because she hasn't even lived 7 years yet (it obviously sounds like a long time to her). Also humorous because we haven't heard her use time in that way before, and wonder how she decided it's been seven years. She is usually not so specific. Usually it's just the generic, "It's been a long, long, LONG, long time since..." And no, the "7 years" line didn't work on mommy and daddy tonight. Except to make us smile still.

A Lainey Funny: Tonight Steve was nicely "bragging" to the girls in front of me about what a good mom they have. He explained how I'm watching them even when they think I"m not, and I'm paying attention to everything about them. He went on to say how "Mommy even checks on you at night. I see her go in and check on her babies just to make sure everything is well." Lainey responded with more honesty than we wished she had, "We check in your room, too." Steve and I cracked up. Mainly because she is often quietly sneaky and we'll be places in the house day or night and suddenly be surprised by her 'looking over our shoulder'. She is sly.
Though she has been caught quietly rummaging through our room a few times--it was during naptime. But just because we haven't seen her at night, doesn't mean she hasn't been there...

No comments: