Thursday, June 26, 2008

Emilyn's afternoon surprise...

"I fall down" Emilyn told her daddy when he went in to get her up from her afternoon nap today. Just about an hour or so before, I was sitting downstairs when I heard a loud thump. Then crying. I ran upstairs and heard her walking toward her bedroom door and saw the knob turning as she tried to get out of her room.
Yes, folks, it was her first dismount from the crib.
It happened about a month sooner than it did with Lainey.

Just like with Lainey, we hope this was her "one time"...
With Lainey we waited a few more months before moving her to a bed.
I think we'll do the same with Emilyn.

We'll keep reminding her that we don't want her to "fall down" again.

We do thank the Lord that she was ok...

Cherilyn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After dragging our feet, we finally pulled out the toddler bed this weekend and took down Caleb's crib. To his surprise he loves it!

Meghann Roberts said...

Oh my!!! I'm glad she was OK! We've had none climb out of the crib (yet)!
=)