Monday, June 23, 2008

Curious thoughts about baby

Lainey's question of the day about baby:

"Mommy... will the baby have black skin or white skin when she comes out?"

I thought that was cute.

Jaci thinks we should name the baby polka-dot now. Or so she says. Why? I don't know except that I'm working on making a polka-dot receiving blanket and I had a polka-dot shirt on yesterday.

Jaci asked if she could hold the baby when she comes out. I promised she'd get to sometime. She also asked how the baby can say "Good morning" right now. I assured her that baby wasn't sure when morning or night is and but usually is up in the middle of the night making her presence known.

Meanwhile, we're painting, sorting and trying to get things together...
some moments we're still in a bit of denial about how close things really are.

No name for baby yet. We pulled out the 100,000+ name book yesterday and had fun reading all the names we won't be using. (sigh)

Well, we've never left the hospital or baby house without a name! So I'm not overly concerned.

I need to close this post and attend to the babies right in front of me.

More later.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Hey Cherilyn, the name of the book that I read was called "the Christian Woman's guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth" or something close to that. A dutch friend loaned it to me and now someone else has it. With each chapter it had verses to meditate on which is the part that I most appreciated. I hope you can find it, if not, I'll try to hunt the exact title down.
Two months!!!! are you ready??? praying for you!Katy

Mimi said...

Well, Lainey has white and brown "doll babies", maybe that's why she asked? It is amazing what goes thru their little heads, just think all of the things that pass thru her mind that she HASN'T asked! Praying that your "nesting" won't be too hindered by the painting that is going on all around you!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Betty says....so does "Polka Dot" take the place of "Curly Jo?" MiMi is so right....you just can't help but wonder WHAT goes on in their minds.....and I would think it safe to say that sometimes it is best NOT to know!!

See ya'll soon!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw this name the other day and I thought I would pass it along to you...variations on the same idea...Graysen and Gracelyn....also Calista I saw recently and it made me start thinking too...

Whether it is polka dot or curly jo or anything, I am sure she will be beautiful and special...can't wait to hear what you pick...

Love you,
P

what are you doing for the upcoming July 14 bday (shared with Brad)? We are taking our Brad to Busch Gardens for the day...