Saturday, June 07, 2008

No one is alone in this home...

We're having the baby room painted right now and so Jaci asked which room was the baby room. I told her that it is the same room as Emilyn's--that at first baby would be in our room, and then eventually would be moved into sissy's room.

She got big, excited eyes and said, "Then everyone will have a sissy or daddy to sleep with! I have a sissy to sleep with--Lainey. You have a daddy to sleep with and Emilyn will get a sissy to sleep with, too!"

So I guess she's not too upset about baby not coming into her room.

Today, Steve and the girls put together the bassinet that my aunt and uncle sent us for new baby. It will be just perfect for the first weeks--thank you SO much Aunt Marlene and Uncle Jeff! We're all excited about it.





In case you were wondering, I'm 30 weeks, 5 days along at present. Lainey came at 41 weeks, Emilyn at 38. So we're trying to get things in order around here (as much as possible anyway).

3 comments:

Jennie said...

how sweet to hear that instead of being mad or jealous, they are excited to share rooms and be sissies!

Katy said...

Wow, I can't believe the time is almost here (time flies when you're not the one pregnant huh? :-) That's a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

"Aunt Betty" says...looks like Steve had LOTS of GREAT help with assembling the bassinet!