Monday, April 20, 2009

Another year, another dance recital, Sunday April 19th

Jaci looks forward to 'going on stage' all year long. From the first class she wants to know when they'll go on stage again and what song they will dance to. Well, she was sick all week leading up to the recital. On the day of her recital her fever was about 102.4 and she was very tired. She stayed home from church to rest and we gave her some medicine and we thank God that she was able to enjoy her performance. I think the smile says it all. In this photo is Lainey (far left), then Jaci and their other two friends/classmates. The top photo is from the rehearsal. The remaining ones are from the performance day with their wonderful instructor, Ms. Michi enjoying their company, along with the roses the girls gave her.





Jaci and Lainey had the honor of their Sunday School teachers (one former, one present) in the audience. They came with their husbands. Our wonderful babysitter, Miss Brogan, also made it. I forgot to take her picture, but she brought them each a lovely red rose. Having these special people there helped make their recital that much more exciting.

Here is a photo of our family just before exiting the recital. Lainey shows off a ballerina lapel pin she received as a gift for participating in ballet this year. All of the girls received them.

Afterthought: Just before the dance recital, there was a short piano concert. Krisanna stood on Steve's lap in the front row near the piano. She swayed and rocked back and forth to the music. She was a little distracting (cutely if I may say so myself), but others said they enjoyed/got a kick out of watching her as well.
I guess we may have a 4th dancer on stage in a few years! This was just the warm up.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I am SURE she WILL join in the dancing!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Betty says....No doubt about THAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish Mimi and I could have been there!

Aunt Betty

Jennie said...

absolutely beautiful little dancers! thanks for the updates auntie cher... we check the blog everyday for the new news. ;)