This morning I was wearing a sweatshirt that I bought at Al Alhambra Palace on an unexpectedly cool vacation morning in Spain. That was a trip Steve and I enjoyed pre-children. Jaci noticed my sweatshirt while eating her breakfast, and asked if I'd bought it the night before at Wal-Mart while grocery shopping. I shared with her its true origin (a far cry from Wal-Mart in the middle of Midwest, farm-town USA!).
Jaci then made mention of the fact that she's never been to Spain herself. "You've been all these places I just want to go and see" she lamented. I told Jaci that perhaps God would make the way for her also to visit some of those destinations one day.
Jaci then turned to Lainey and said, "Maybe me and my husband and you and your husband can travel together. We could go to Egypt and see all the pharoahs and palaces and stuff. And mom, where is Nazereth and Jerusalem again?"
They also had talks about about visiting Paris as well. Surely their birthplaces of Kazakhstan and England would be on the tour. =)
Lainey later said to Jaci hopefully that when they grow up, "Maybe our houses can be together."
5 comments:
that is way too adorable.. I LOVE IT!!
Wouldn't THAT bbe "loverly"?
Aunt Betty says.....So sweet! We'll have to remind them of these conversations when they get older! May they ALWAYS be BEST friends!
Oh, by the way.....am SOOOOO glad that you updated your blog! I check almost daily!
Betty
adorable... think they might need another traveling companion??? i want to gotoo. i've never been to any of those places. ;)
Post a Comment