Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Conversations, June 2009

Lainey....
Today Lainey let us know that she wishes she had 20 more sisters so that they could help do her room and everything else.
When Steve heard her desire, he promptly added, "But that would make 20 more messes to have to clean up."
Lainey was still all smiles about it.
Lainey, a few days ago, talks on the phone to her Mimi.

Jaci...
a few days ago we had this conversation:

Jaci: Are we going to live in this house forever?
Me: I don't know how long we're going to live here.
J: Well, I'm going to be gone soon. (said solemnly)
Me: You are? What do you mean?
J: I'm going to marry my husband.
Me: (laughing/smiling)
J: What, mom? (asked like, why would you be laughing at a time like this?)
Me: Oh, nothing. I just hope it's a long time from now.
J: No it's not.

And me, realizing she doesn't know just how right she is! She'll be grown before I know it. But for now, I'm glad she's still stuck at age 6.
See her here a few days ago talking to her Mimi also. And still small...
As for Emilyn and Krisanna--they have a very special communication that goes on. Every time I put Krisanna in her crib, she immediately twists around and looks back to see if her sissy is in her bed, too. If she is, they have a little chat before sleeping.
We've asked Emilyn not to talk to Krisanna when she is trying to sleep/is sleeping. She's been good about that. But we know both are awake when we hear through the monitor, "Krisanna, you're a awake! Kris Ann ahhhhhh..." she drawls out. As Emilyn sweet baby-talks her, Krisanna just soaks it up and responds with squeals and growls and other excited sounding syllables. It's very entertaining to listen in on. And sweet, too, I must add.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Betty says....they are getting so big! Beautiful as always....love the conversations....just never know what they are going to come up with. Huh?

Unknown said...

They look like they are practicing to take orders in uncle Erik's drive through!